1. Schedule 2017 Meeting dates. Do we like 2:00 -4:00 or should we start earlier?
2. I’d like to move our Annual show date to the 11-13th weekend in August.
This year was far too hot and moving a week could make for more ideal conditions without conflicting with Ann Arbor’s show.
We need to approve this date ASAP to secure Kurt Smith.
3. Guest Speakers- We’d like to have 2 special guests this year, if you have a name or connection, reply all ASAP. I’m going to reach out to Mark Fields.
I will also contact Ann Arbor’s president, Ron Milostan, to work on scheduling and extended stays for artists.
4. I’ll reach out to board members with specific requests. I.e. Bonsai events locally and nationally, partnerships with other clubs and purchasing a supplies locker and bonsai materials.
5. We need secure a show judge ASAP. All suggestions welcomed!
6. I’m going to invite members from the Ann Arbor club to attend as well. Cross promotions between local clubs is a top priority.
7. Cate Thomson is close to having our website up and running. YEAH!
Please take time during the break and compile a list of requests, ideas, names ect. You can bring your list/ideas to the meeting or reach out anytime prior by email or phone.
Looking forward to another great year. More workshops. More speakers. More dirt under our nails and more trees in national and local shows.